$650,000 Increase in Property Value
When my client, who had cherished her home since 1975, decided to right-size and relocate closer to her son in Northern California, we faced the challenge of deferred maintenance. We explored the options - selling the home as-is or enhancing it for a more attractive market appeal.
There was a time sensitivity for my client, so we embarked on a focused 30-day project to make strategic improvements. By efficiently coordinating vendors, I maximized the scope of work within the timeframe. The home, situated in a sought-after location, is targeted at a younger-aged buying pool who are less inclined towards taking on home fix-up projects. Thus, our priority was to present a move-in ready space.
One of the standout ROI enhancements was transforming an open primary bathroom (there was a time when the open bathroom concept was popular, but it is very discouraged by buyers today) into a private retreat. Additionally, we enlarged the passage from the kitchen to the living room, enhancing the overall flow of the floor plan.
Despite initial hesitations, my client trusted the process. Delighted would be an understatement when she saw the finished product. This project not only revitalized the home but also ensured it appealed seamlessly to today's discerning buyers.
- Enlarged pass way between kitchen and living room
- Framed primary bathroom walls, installed new door
- New vanities, lighting and floor tile in both bathrooms
- New bathroom plumbing valves and toilets
- Removed existing carpets and extended hardwood into areas that did not have original hardwood
- Refinished hardwood throughout
- Installed recessed lighting throughout
- Drywall repairs, tape and texture at project areas
- New kitchen appliances
- New kitchen quartz countertops
- Complete interior painting, kitchen cabinets and exterior touch-ups
- Cleaned up landscaping by trimming trees, removing dilapidated patio cover and economically seeding front and back grass within our preparation period (this saved a lot of money on new sod)
Nick French had our complete confidence from the moment we met him. Everything Nick said he would do, he did expertly, conscientiously and effectively. The house looked great with all the advised updates, and they were done within the committed schedule. The house sold quickly and at a price that we felt completely justified any of our investments. Nick made the whole experience as painless and as pleasant as could be.
Let's connect to talk more about the specifics of your exact situation: