After nearly 11 years since I sold this client their dream home, they decided it was time for a kitchen transformation and a modern update for their house. Connecting them with my trusted architect was the easy part, but navigating the contractor shortage and their far-out availability proved to be a challenge. That's when I stepped in as the General Contractor to turn their vision into a reality.
Working closely with my clients, we reimagined the space, emphasizing functionality and modern comfort. To ensure a smooth process, I secured a month-to-month rental home in the same neighborhood, so they could maintain their day-to-day routine without disruption. We had some surprises along the way once we opened up a few walls, but I worked with the engineer and city to make sure the finished product met all building requirements and was everything my client wanted.
After about six months, my clients moved back into their newly updated home, and the results were nothing short of thrilling! With over 11 incredible years of partnership spanning multiple transactions, I'm honored to have played a part in making their dream kitchen a reality. From dated to dazzling, we've transformed this space into a culinary masterpiece.
The Punch List:
- Designed and obtained necessary permits, collaborating with architect and engineering
- Removed large support beam and post between kitchen and family room
- Raised new metal beam into floor joists to be flush with ceiling including new concrete footings
- New ducting throughout for increased efficiency and new locations
- New hardwood flooring
- New stair railing
- New level 5 smooth texture throughout
- Built new laundry room with additional storage
- New electrical: wiring, lighting, etc
- Custom designed and installed kitchen cabinetry
- Finished-carpentry: new casings and trim throughout
- AV wiring in living room
- Installed insert fireplace unit in place of wood-burning
- New painting throughout
- Removed pool with permit
Let's connect to talk more about the specifics of your exact situation: