$1,000,000 Increase in Property Value
After almost 40 years in a cherished family home, it was time for my client to right-size and embrace a more walkable lifestyle near coffee shops. Downsizing, however, comes with its own challenges, especially when decades of memories and possessions need sorting. Guiding my client through the transition, we first secured a new property, then meticulously navigated the process of decluttering, donating, and disposing of belongings.
Although the home had seen capital improvements over the years, the interior remained largely original and was due for a refresh. Recognizing the potential of this property, we embarked on an intense 90-day preparation journey, addressing various aspects to ensure the home would truly shine. Initially perceived by neighbors as a potential tear-down, the progress we made revealed a different vision.
The finished product not only impressed the neighbors but also exceeded expectations. It showcased the transformation of a well-loved family home into a stunning, updated residence, a testament to the power of strategic preparation and the art of right-sizing with purpose.
- Prepared drawings and obtain city permits for 2 bathrooms
- Demolition of existing deck that was completely deteriorated and rebuilt using existing concrete piers and staining of deck
- Large scale cleanup of existing trees (on almost an acre) - landscaping unkept for many years including removal of dilapidated green house and other unusable items
- New irrigation, bender boards, pathways, grass, plantings, and created a bocce ball court
- Installed hardwood flooring and refinished throughout
- Removed original wood stair railing and replaced with modern vertical spindles and white oak banister
- Demo'd and rebuilt both bathrooms with dry rot repair and other necessary repairs. All new bathroom fixtures, tile, lighting, shower glass, etc.
- Removed wall at master bath shower and replaced with open glass to make bathroom feel larger
- Demo'd original wet bar and replaced with custom built-in cabinetry
- Chose and installed new lighting throughout including: recessed lighting, bathroom rough electrical, and misc lighting
- Drywall work at bathrooms and patches throughout
- Plumbing work at bathrooms, fixed leaking pipes, etc
- Painting throughout interior including walls, ceilings, doors, casings, trim, cabinets, etc
- New roof membrane at skylight
Nick was incredibly easy to work with to sell my house. He used his contractor's license to renovate and update the house, making it 100% move in ready. The house and yard looked awesome when he was done. The selling price was undoubtedly increased due to his work.
Let's connect to talk more about the specifics of your exact situation: